Thin Square 6-inch sheets made up of latex used in dentistry to isolate the operative site
Waldent rubber dam is used to define the operative field by isolating one or more teeth from the oral environment.
When excavating a deep carious lesion and risking pulpal exposure, the use of a rubber dam is strongly recommended to prevent pulpal contamination from oral fluids.
The dam eliminates saliva from the operating site and retracts the soft tissue.
In dentistry, the use of a rubber dam is sometimes referred to as isolation or moisture control.
- It is used mainly in endodontics fixed prosthodontics (crowns, bridges) and general restorative treatments.
- Its purpose is both to prevent saliva interfering with the dental work (e.g. contamination from oral micro-organism during root canal therapy)
- Used to keep filling materials such as composite dry during placement and curing.
- Used to prevent instruments and materials from being inhaled, swallowed or damaging the mouth.
- Provision of the dry clean operating field.
- Improvement of access and visibility by eliminating tongue, lip, cheeks, and saliva from the operating field.
- Retraction and protection of soft tissues.
- Prevention of inhalation and ingestion of foreign bodies.
- Improved properties of dental materials.
- Aid to patient management.
- Aid to cross-infection control by reducing the aerosol spread of micro-organisms.
- Minimization of mouth breathing during inhalation sedation procedures.
- Gauge: Medium Gauge
- Colour: Blue
- Size : 6” x 6”(152mm x 152mm)
- Mint flavor
Store dental dam with environment temperature lower than 26C to ensure longer lifetime.
- Isolates the treatment area and guarantees the best possible moisture control.
- Soft tissue is protected and there is no risk that the patient aspirates or swallows instruments.
- The risk of cross-infection is reduced. Thus working with dental dam is safe and more efficient.
- Pack of 36 Sheets