Bone densification drills are specially designed to enhance the bone density by Osseodensification, which in turn increases primary stability.
Bonedensification is a novel approach in implant dentistry The procedure is characterized by low plastic deformation of bone that is created by rolling and sliding contact using a densifying bur that is fluted such that it densifies the bone with minimal heat elevation. Dr. Huwais in 2013 developed a non-extraction technique, with specially designed burs to increase bone density by expanding an osteotomy site. Waldent Universal Bonedensification burs combine advantages of both speed and tactile control. Standard drills remove and excavate bone during implant site preparation. The Waldent Universal Bonedensification burs enable bone preservation and condensation through compaction autografting during osteotomy, which enhances implant stability. Contrary to conventional drills, this drill design creates an environment that increases the primary stability by means of non-subtractive drilling.
- It facilitates lateral ridge expansion- Ridge with less than 3 mm of width.
- It facilitates vertical ridge expansion in the maxillary sinus.
- Patients with various systemic disorders such as compromised immune systems, bleeding disorders, and titanium allergy should be excluded.
- Increase in bone mineral density.
- During osteotomy preparation, it condenses and preserves bone through autografting compaction.
- Autografting of bony particles, creating a smoother Bonedensification hole.
- Primary stability, bone density, and bone-implant contact (BIC) are increasing.
- Preserve bone bulk and allow for predictable ridge expansion, at the coronal level.
- Increases residual strain.
- Higher insertion torque values due to bonedensification result in a good prognosis.
- Material: Rust free Stainless Steel
- Autoclavable: Upto 135°C
- Burs have Depth markings at 3mm,5mm,8mm,10mm,11.5mm,13mm,15mm,18mm, and 20mm.
- As the bur enters deeper into the osteotomy site this design controls the expansion process because of its conical tapered body.
- The apical end includes at least one lip to grind bone when rotated in the counterclockwise/non-cutting/burnishing direction and cut bone when rotated in the clockwise/cutting/drilling direction.
- Each helical flute has a burnishing face and an opposing cutting face. When rotated in the burnishing direction this burnishing face burnishes bone and when turned in the cutting direction the cutting face cuts bone.
- At least one of the lip and the lands are configured to generate an opposing axial reaction force when continuously rotated in a burnishing direction to result in a push-back phenomenon, which provides enhanced control over the expansion procedure.
Set of 17pcs Bur:
- 1 x WO-1-2mm
- 1 x WO-2-3mm
- 1 x WO-3-4mm
- 1 x WO-4-5mm
- 1 x WX-1-2.3mm
- 1 x WX-2-3.3mm
- 1 x WX-3-4.3mm
- 1 x WX-4-5.3mm
- 1 x WZ-1-2.5mm
- 1 x WZ-2-3.5mm
- 1 x WZ-3-4.5mm
- 1 x WZ-4-5.5mm
- 4 x Parallel Pin
- 1 x Pilot Drill