WALDENT Digital Glass Bead Sterilizer is known for its durable and sturdy construction. Manufactured using quality raw materials and modern machinery, this product is highly demanded among dental/ healthcare community. This product is used in hospitals, clinics, and several other establishments for the purpose of sterilizing various dental instruments, files, surgical instruments etc. The unit is incorporated with a digital temperature indicator which continuously display the temperature being maintained in the glass beads.
The product has 4 working modes for sterilization of different items:
MODE 1: Mouth Mirrors
MODE 2: Dental Burs
MODE 3: Endodontic Files
MODE 4: Dental Instruments
- Portable size.
- Rapid warm up facility.
- High efficiency and highly accurate temperature.
- Digital micro controlled based
- ready to use signal with buzzer
- Auto sleep mode
- Latest technology
- Low power consumption
- Time saving
- Shock proof
- Automatically controlled to maintain desired temperature.
- Handy and convenient application.
- For increasing number of applications in endodontics (dental), ophthalmic, ENT and surgical applications.
- Competitive and affordable prices.
- Digital temperature display.
- Quick, easy, clean alternative to conventional methods of sterilization, ensure total sterilization by destruction of all micro-organisms in seconds. Ready to use in 60 seconds from cold start. The glass bead sterilizer sets itself of an operating temperature of 250° C. The unit is compact and can be placed on any work tables in a clean room atmosphere. Fully insulated, designed for heavy-duty operational schedules.
200 x 151 x 136
Well Size (mm)
59 x 58
Digital Temp. indicator with Micro Controller based PID controller
220 - 240 V :: 50 Hz
Weight incl. Glass Beads
1. Fill the well with the glass beads from the bottle. Using a funnel when pouring the beads will help prevent them from spilling into the sterilizer housing
2. Plug the sterilizer into an acceptable electrical outlet and turn the sterilizer power switch on. As the unit is switched on, you can check both the current temperature and the cut-off temperature
3. Current temperature will be increasing till it doesn't reach the cut-off temperature
4. When current temperature reaches to cut-off temperature, displays shows a message "Ready to use" with a buzzer sound
5. Now you can select the operation from menu using the keyboard
METHOD TO USE
Plug the sterilizer into an acceptable electrical outlet and turn the sterilizer power switch on. Allow approximately 20 minutes to heat up. The glass beads will reach a temperature of approximately 250°C. The unit is controlled by a thermostat, which continuously cycles the heater on and off producing a uniform heat.
- Clean glass bead atleast once every 2 weeks
- Wash the beads with mild soap, rinse and dry thoroughly before reuse.
Note: All units are supplied with one bottle of glass beads.
Digital Glass Bead Sterilizer - 1
Glass Beads Bottle - 1
Instructions Manual - 1
- 6 months warranty is applicable for this product.
- Service and warranty for this product are handled by Waldent.
- Note: No physical damage is included in the warranty.
- Waldent will be liable to mend any faulty or unsatisfactory products.
- Waldent will provide guaranteed assistance to the customer in registering a request to get the product replaced or serviced.
- The buyer acknowledges that products once sold will not be exchanged or taken back only if seal of the package or product is intact or unaltered or is not tampered with .
- This warranty is void if altered anyway.
Q. What is Glass Bead sterilizer?
A. Glass Bead sterilizer is a sterilizing appliance. It is a method used to sterilize endodontic files & reamers by placing them in a container which contains glass beads. The glass beads are heated at temperature of approx. 225 degrees.
Q. What is the working principle of Glass Bead sterilizer?
A. Glass bead sterilizer works on the principle of intense dry heat. Intense dry heat damages both vegetative & spore form of bacteria. The glass beads in the metal cup are heated at temperature of 225 degree Celsius.
Q. What is the use of Glass Bead sterilizer?
A. The Glass Bead sterilizer provides the easy & effective way to sterilize the surgical instruments. It is mainly used to sterilize endodontic files & reamers.
Q. How to use Glass Bead sterilizer?
A. Follow the following steps-
- The crucible is filled with glass beads to a level 3mm below the rim.
- The plug is inserted into a socket.
- The crucible should not be coved by a lid at this point
- Switch the sterilization unit ON
- It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to reach the operating temperature
- The working parts of the instruments are inserted into the glass beads deep and near the walls of the crucible
- The Council of Dental Therapeutics recommends the use of glass bead sterilizers that have been preheated for a period of 10 seconds at least.
- It functions on the principle of intense dry heat which can damage vegetative and spore forms of bacteria.
Q. Can the Glass Bead sterilizer be used as chairside sterilizer?
A. Yes, it takes only two -ten seconds to sterilize the instrument after heating up. Thereby can be used chairside.
Q. How to change the Glass Beads?
A. Fill the well with the glass beads from the bead packet. Use the funnel when pouring the beads to prevent them from spilling into the sterilizer housing. Plug the sterilizer into an acceptable electrical outlet & turn the sterilizer power switch on.
Q. How to sterilize the Glass Beads?
A. To sterilize the glass beads follow the steps as mentioned below -
- Collect beads from plastic containers around the benches.
- Soak the beads in a larger container with water.
- Add soap and mix well.
- This step is to remove the excess material stuck to the beads.
- Rinse the beads with water to remove all trace of soap.
- It helps to use a strainer.
- Rinse the beads with the Ethanol.
- This step removes residual water.
- Transfer beads to glass bead jars.
Q. How often Glass Beads need to be change?
A. It is recommended to change the Glass Beads once in every three months, if the sterilizer is used daily.
Q. How much time Glass Bead sterilizer takes?
A. The Glass Bead sterilizer takes only 60seconds to get ready in use.
Q. Why particles are sticking to instruments after sterilization?
A. Each instrument needs to be wiped clean before sterilization. If any particle remains on the instrument it will heat up & glued to the instrument.
Q. How to maintain the Glass Bead sterilizer?
A. Fill sterilizer well with glass beads 3 mm below rim. Insert electrical plug into wall socket. DO NOT cover well with lid. Switch unit on. It will take 15 to 20 minutes to reach operating temperature of approximately 240 C to 270 C. Carefully insert the working part of clean surgical instrument into well after unit has reached operating temperature and leave for 10 to 20 seconds. Do not leave longer as instruments become too hot to handle. Sterilization is on contact with glass beads, so tubes cannot be sterilized effectively. Unit can be left in the “ON” position all day and is safe for use in laminar flow cabinets. Only when unit is switched off and cool, cover with lid to reduce dust accumulation. Do not cover with lid when unit is hot. If unit gets overheat and trip safety switch, let it cool off completely, then turn it over and push in red button visible inside the unit as viewed through one of the cooling holes. The glass beads should be cleaned routinely and replaced in a dry state.
Q. What is the advantage of Glass Bead sterilizer?
A. The Glass Bead sterilizer provides following advantages –
- No release of gases / fumes
- No open flames
- No use of harsh concentrated liquid
Q. What is the disadvantage of Glass Bead sterilizer?
A. The Glass Bead sterilizer has following disadvantages –
- Small bead < 1mm, sometimes get stuck in instruments like broaches, cotton pellets & can introduce into root canal.
- It is costlier than salt sterilizer.
- Small glass beads can prevent proper root canal preparation.
Q. What is the warranty of Glass Bead sterilizer?
A. The Glass Bead sterilizer has six months warranty against the manufacturing defect.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.