Pulp Vitality Tester
Waldent Electric Pulp Tester It is a device to examine the vitality of dental pulp using the electric stimulation.The currrent used to stimulate the intradental nerves therefore creating a response. Studies were accompanied to measure the responses subjects by stimulating over the sensory threshold to determine the vitality of tooth. It works in an efficient way. An Electric current can be applied to the tooth in order to generate an action potential in the type A delta fibres within pulp ; this elicits a response. This test is conducted by applying a medium like toothpaste ,on dried tooth. One end is placed on the tooth surface near the pulp horn and the other end is placed on the lip.
- Battery Operated
- Output Voltage: 9.0V DC
- Output Current: 9.0 mA
- Should not be dismantled.
- Standard disinfection procedure should be used for disinfection, should be stored in a proper way in the original packaging box.
- The unit should be scrubbed by pure water or ethanol and follow the standard disinfection procedure to disinfect the materials.
- The pulp tester should be placed in the original packaging box in a dry and clean cupboard.
- Do not open the Power Unit, except to change the battery. There are no user-serviceable parts inside.Internal repairs are to be made only by authorized Parkell personnel, by returning the unit to the service address at the end of these instructions
- Handle the power unit with care
- Battery should be removed if unit is to be stored unused for more than 30 days
- To prolong battery life, the device automatically turns off after 14 seconds of inactivity
- When the battery capacity is low, the Left and Right digital display digits will flash alternatively while the unit is activated. Replace the battery as explained in the section “Changing the Battery”
- If a Tooth Probe becomes loose in the mount of the Power Unit, it may be tightened by carefully inserting a flat screwdriver blade into the split metal base of the probe and gently expanding the sides apart with a twist of the tool.
- Discard and replace any Tooth Probe if the metal or the insulation becomes damaged during use.
- Preset speed mode (high-mid-low speed)
- Gentle, pulsed stimulus begins to increase at a rate of high -mid-low speed.
- Specifically designed for patient comfort (If patient indicates perception, simply release the button. The stimulus stopped immediately, but the numbers remain frozen on the screen for about 3mins
- Convenient to operate.
Peak of stimulus current reaction numerical value.
- 0-40 , the patient feels mild pain, means the tooth is vital
- 40-80 , with above mentioned reaction tooth is non vital.
- >80 , no above mentioned reaction dead tooth nerve.
- 2 x Test Electrode
- 1 x Cable Socket
- 1 x Light Indicator
- 1 x Battery
- Manufacturer/Importer warranty of 6 months as applicable for this product.