Waldent Electric Pulp Tester
It is a device to examine the vitality of dental pulp using the electrical stimulation. During the pulp test, the current stimulates intradental nerve, and give severe pain to patients.
Some studies were accompanied to measure the responses of subjects by stimulating over the sensory threshold to determine whether the nerve of pulp in the tooth remains alive. So it can accurately read the pulp's vitality in a very highly efficient way.
Electric Pulp testing
An electric current can be applied to the tooth in order to generate an action potential in the type A delta fibers within pulp; this elicit a response.
This test is conducted under a medium like toothpaste on dried tooth.
Place the probe tip flat on the tooth close to the pulp horn ( labial/ Buccal surface)
Place the end of conducting probe on lip
Asked for any tingling sensation.
- Preset speed mode (high-mid-low speed)
- Gentle , pulsed stimulus begins to increase at a rate of high -mid-low speed.
- Specifically designed for patient comfort (If patient indicates perception , simply release the button. The stimulus stopped immediately, but the numbers remain frozen on the screen for about 3mins
- convenient to operate
Peak of stimulus current reaction numerical value.
- Between 0-40 , the patient feels ache and anesthesia , it means alive tooth nerve.
- Between 40-80 , with above mentioned reaction , if means part of tooth nerve dead.
- 80 , no above mentioned reaction dead tooth nerve.
- Battery Operated
- Output Voltage: 9.0V DC
- Output Current: 9.0 mA
- This unit should not be dismantled privately, otherwise the unit will be damaged wholly.
- Please use the original charger, any other charger may result in the damage of the battery and the controlled electric circuit: even the machine will be greatly damaged.
- The unit should be scrubbed by pure water or ethanol and follow the standard disinfection procedure to disinfect the materials.
- The pulp tester should be placed in the original packaging box in a dry and clean cupboard.
- Do not open the Power Unit, except to change the battery. There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Internal repairs are to be made only by authorized Parkell personnel, by returning the unit to the service address at the end of these instructions
- Avoid dropping the Power Unit or subjecting it to physical shock
- Battery should be removed if unit is to be stored unused for more than 30 days
- To prolong battery life, the device automatically turns off after 14 seconds of inactivity
- When the battery capacity is low, the Left and Right digital display digits will flash alternatively while the unit is activated. Replace the battery as explained in the section “Changing the Battery”
- If a Tooth Probe becomes loose in the mount of the Power Unit, it may be tightened by carefully inserting a flat screwdriver blade into the split metal base of the probe and gently expanding the sides apart with a twist of the tool.
- Discard and replace any Tooth Probe if the metal or the insulation becomes damaged during use.
- 2 x Test Electrode
- 1 x Cable Socket
- 1 x Light Indicator
- 1 x Battery
- Make the test wire link with the cable socket of the unit, afterwards insert the stainless steel hook and the test electrode into the interface of the unit.
- Strictly separate the tooth which will be measured from the saliva , blow the surface of the tooth until it is dry, so as to forbid the stimulation electric current to conduct from the gingiva or else there will appear a false stimulus current.
- Hang the stainless steel hook on any side of the mouth, then select different speed mode.
- Paste a spot of conducting glue or toothpaste on the contact interface (1/3 slide side) between test electrode and selected tooth. Then press the power switch.
- When the patient slightly feels toothache or anesthesia, You should take the test electrode away from the tooth and observe the figure on the screen in order to record it , this figure is the tooth's stimulation current reaction number.
- Manufacturer/Importer warranty of 6 months as applicable for this product.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.