- Provides bactericidal effect on carious dentine
- Paste delivered to root apex provides pulp insulation
- Protects the vital pulp from infections and further decay
- Can be easily removed from root canal by simple irrigation
Waldent Calcium hydroxide powder for use in root canal therapy provides insulation in deep cavities and is also recommended for temporary root filling.
- Calcium hydroxide cement is used for lining specific areas of deep cavities or for direct pulp capping. The antibacterial action of calcium hydroxide makes these cement useful in indirect pulp-capping procedures involving carious dentin.
- The vehicles play a supportive role, giving pastes chemical characteristics such as dissociation and diffusion as well as favoring the correct filling of the root canal which are decisive factors for antimicrobial potential and tissue healing.
- Calcium hydroxide retains its anti-bacterial properties for about two months when placed under a restoration, after which it degrades to calcium oxide and other less effective calcium salts. All calcium hydroxide preparations have a limited shelf life as they eventually turn into calcium oxide.
- 1 x 50gm Powder
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.