Waldent offers a full assortment of lead thyroid collars and lead neck shields to ensure quality care.
Several common thyroid conditions can have potentially devastating impacts on a patient's health. Lead thyroid collars prevent harmful exposure to this sensitive gland.
- Indicated during intra-oral/extra-oral radiography for radiation protection of the thyroid gland.
- Thyroid x-ray protection is utilized by hospitals, private practices, and imaging centers throughout the world.
- Minimizes radiation exposure risks for patients and medical personnel during imaging procedures.
- Quality care and protection for the patient and medical staff.
- Reduces the risk of radiation exposure.
- It provides maximum comfort.
- Very less fatigue.
- Freedom of movement.
- Weight Adjuster.
- Available with Velcro Straps.
- 0.5mm Lead equivalency front protection.
- BARC certified.
- Quick & Easy to use.
- Low Maintenance
- Doesn't shrink
- Length including velcro strap: 40 cm.
- Length of shield: 22 cm.
- Breadth: 22 cm.
- For better ergonomics.
- Adjustable to any neck size.
- It helps evenly distribute it, making you more comfortable.
- For better grip.
- Velcro has great strength and is low maintenance.
- One of its greatest advantages is the ease of use.
- Locked together with just a press of the fabric.
- It is so easy to use it can be operated by a runner mid-stride.
- Bharat atomic research center Certified thyroid shield.
- It is designed to provide an efficacious shield against radiation during the X-ray process.
X ray protection
Sterile / Non-Sterile:
Non - Sterile
Direction to Use
STEP 1: Before patient positioning for radiation exposure, drape thyroid shield/collar around the neck of the patient.
STEP 2: Check for fitting adjustments.
STEP 3: Place the patient in the position for the radiograph to be taken.
- 1 UNIT x Waldent Thyroid Shield (Collar).
Q. When is a thyroid collar recommended?
A. A thyroid collar may be required where intraoral radiographs with circular collimation are taken on persons under the age of 30 years” (RPII, 2011). Guidance published by the European Commission (EC) recommends shielding where the thyroid is “very close to” the X-ray beam (EC 2004, 2012).
Q. What is the use of thyroid collar?
A. A thyroid guard or thyroid shield is a lead collar that wraps around your neck to block the radiation that's generated in making X-ray images.