Mineral Trioxide Aggregate For Root Repair In Endodontic Treatment
Waldent Endolife MTA is a biocompatible, hydrophilic endodontic cement to stimulate healing and osteogenesis during root canal procedures. Its particle sizes are strictly controlled during manufacturing. It consists of a powder of fine trioxides and other hydrophilic particles which sets in the presence of humidity. The main component of the material, calcium oxide, when in contact with a humid environment, is converted into calcium hydroxide. This results in a high pH making its surroundings inhospitable for bacterial growth.
- Repair of root perforations during root canal therapy
- Repair of root resorption
- Root end filling
- Pulp capping
- Furcation perforation
- Setting Time - 15 minute
- 2 drops of liquid are used for mixing 1 capsule
- Finely manufactured hydrophilic powder for single use
- MTA powder particles are smaller and uniform in size
- Improved radiopacity
- High alkalinity: final PH of 12.5 provides excellent antibacterial properties.
- Expands during setting responsible for excellent sealing ability
- 1 x 0.14 gram capsule (1 Treatment)