Finger spreaders for lateral condensation of gutta percha in root canals during obturation
Waldent Finger Spreaders are specialized endodontic instruments designed to facilitate the lateral condensation of gutta percha during the obturation process of root canal treatment. These instruments feature a smooth surface that allows for efficient manipulation and placement of gutta percha within the root canal space. The primary purpose of Waldent Finger Spreaders is to create space within the root canal for the addition of accessory gutta percha points. This step ensures that the entire root canal space can be thoroughly filled and sealed, promoting successful treatment outcomes. The finger spreaders are typically made of high-quality stainless steel, providing durability and resistance to corrosion. When performing lateral condensation, a master cone coated with sealer is initially placed in the prepared root canal. The Waldent Finger Spreader is then used to spread the gutta percha laterally and compact it against the canal walls. This action effectively fills any irregularities or gaps, ensuring a tight and homogenous seal.
The smooth surface of the finger spreader facilitates controlled and precise manipulation, enabling dentists to navigate the intricate root canal anatomy with ease. The instruments are available in various sizes to accommodate different canal dimensions and curvatures, allowing for optimal adaptation and placement of gutta percha. Waldent Finger Spreaders are an essential tool in the field of endodontics, as they play a crucial role in achieving a thorough and successful root canal obturation. By enabling lateral condensation and providing space for accessory gutta percha points, these instruments contribute to the complete filling of the root canal space, promoting long-term treatment success and preserving the health of the tooth.
- Length: 25mm
- Available Sizes: #15 to #45
- ISO Color Coded Handle: The handle is color coded according to ISO standards, facilitating easy identification of the instrument size.
- Conical Tip: Waldent Finger Spreaders feature a conical tip for precise placement and spreading of gutta percha.
- Material: Made of high-quality stainless steel, ensuring durability and corrosion resistance.
- Handle Material: The handle is made of plastic, providing a comfortable grip and tactile feedback during use.
- Sterilization: ≤126°C
- Surgical-grade flexible stainless steel construction for durability and corrosion resistance.
- Highly polished working surface for smooth manipulation of gutta percha.
- Finger instrument with a smooth, pointed, tapered working end
- Handles designed for optimum tactility and precise control.
- Available in multiple sizes to accommodate different canal dimensions.
- Easy to sterilize using standard sterilization techniques.
- Specifically designed for lateral condensation technique.
- Enables precise and controlled manipulation of gutta percha.
- Promotes complete filling of the root canal space.
- Pack of 6