- Waldent Periotome -Thin sharp blades used to facilitate the removal of teeth with minimal damage to the surrounding alveolar bone by severing the periodontal ligament.
- May be used wherever an extraction is indicated,but are particularly important when considering the placement of a dental implant.
- The Periotome is highly recommended for immediate implant placement cases. The blade is used to sever the gingival fibres and periodontal ligament.
- Once a tooth is removed the Periotome can be used to mobilise the soft tissue. Minimises treatment of the alveolar bone and comes with 3 blades to facilitate access throughout the mouth.
- Straight blades for anterior teeth and premolars. Angled blade for posterior teeth.
Direction to Use
1. Periotomes Ring Handle Clinical Use of Periotomes
2. To Use a Periotome, Place the Blade of the Instrument Down Into the Sulcus, Severing the PDL
3. Lift the Blade Out of the Sulcus & Repeat the Process, Moving Circumferentially Around the Tooth
4. This Will Sever the PDL Except for Where It Connects at the Most Apical Part of the Tooth
5. Afterwards, Use a Periosteal Elevator & Extraction Forceps in the Usual Manner.
- 1 x Periotome Set
Manufacturer/Importer warranty of 6 months as applicable for this product.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.