Atraumatic physics extraction Forceps Set of 2 - Molar series
Waldent Innovation Pvt.Ltd introduces Atraumatic Forceps, the Unique design of the Atraumatic forceps allows for light but constant pressure to be applied to the tooth which leads to chemical changes in PDL and subsequent release of Sharpey's Fibers.
Waldent Wal-Atraumatic Forceps Set of 2
The Atraumatic Forceps are an innovative design that provides a simple mechanical advantage by employing first-class lever mechanics. Utilizing the patented "beak and bumper" technique, you can simply and predictably extract virtually any tooth in any condition, while preserving the buccal bone and socket. The beak of the Atraumatic Forceps is designed to apply controlled pressure parallel to the long axis of the root. The bumper acts as a simple fulcrum or pivot point. While traditional instruments grasp, squeeze and twist, the Physics Forceps employs a slow, steady force that releases the tooth from the alveolar bone.
By combining the biomechanical advantages of a first-class lever with the biochemical reaction that is occurring, extracting teeth has never been easier than with the Atraumatic Forceps. When the periodontal ligament is traumatized with forceps or elevators, hyaluronidase is released. Once this chemical breakdown of the periodontal ligament by hyaluronic acid is sufficient, the tooth is released from its attachment to the alveolus and can be removed.
This explains why the Atraumatic Forceps with its steady unrelenting trauma to the periodontal ligament quantitatively creates a greater release of hyaluronidase in a shorter period of time than traditional forceps or elevator extractions because the trauma from those techniques is intermittent. This is what makes the Atraumatic Forceps more efficient, faster, and less traumatic to the alveolar bone.
Preserving the Bone
By utilizing the Atraumatic Forceps Technique (no squeezing, applying constant steady pressure with the wrist only and using the bumper as a pivot/fulcrum), it is uncommon to break the buccal bone or cortical plate. Think of the Physics Forceps as an elevator – all you want the instrument to do is move the tooth 1-3mm through constant steady pressure allowing the PDL to separate from the tooth. Once this chemical breakdown of the periodontal ligament by hyaluronic acid is sufficient, the tooth elevates coronally. You are now finished with the Atraumatic Forceps. You can deliver the loose tooth with a traditional instrument. Also, the bumper is a compressive force that is holding the bone in place. Even though you are not squeezing, it is supporting the bone.
Biomechanics behind Atraumatic Forceps:
- Atraumatic Forceps work under the "First Class Lever Principle"
- One handle of the device is connected to a “bumper,” which acts as a fulcrum during the extraction.
- The beak of the extractor is positioned most often on the lingual or palatal root of the tooth and into the gingival sulcus
- The bumper is most often placed on the facial aspect of the dental alveolus, typically at the mucogingival junction
- No squeezing pressure is applied to the handles or to the tooth. Instead, the handles (once in position) are rotated as one unit for a few degrees, and then the action is stopped for approximately 1 minute.
- The torque force generated on the tooth, periodontal ligament, and bone is related to the length of the handle to the bumper (8 cm), divided by the distance from the bumper to the forceps beak (1 cm).
- As a result, a force on the handle connected to the bumper will increase the force on the tooth, periodontal ligament, and bone by 8 times. No force is required to be placed on the beak, which is only on the lingual aspect of the tooth root. Therefore, the tooth does not split, crush or fracture
- The unique angulated design of these forceps provide easy accessibility to posterior teeth.
Ease of use
- Predictable and efficient extractions in less than four minutes
- Convenient to use
- Very little operator movement (or strength necessary)
Preserve the Socket
- Atraumatic extractions where you preserve the bone
- Elimination of root tip fractures
- No need for elevating or laying a flap
- Makes the procedure quieter
- Less Anxious patient
- Less post operative swelling
- 1 x W-400-1 Upper Left Lower Right
- 1 x W-400-2 Upper Right Lower Left
FREE 2 Silicon Bumper Guards
- 6 months warranty against rust