Cost-Effective Highly Absorbent Paper Points 4%
- Waldent Paper Points 4% are slender cones made of paper or other absorbent material.
- In Root Canal, with a wide-open Apex, The most reliable means of determining working length is to gently pass a blunt end of paper point into the canal after profound anesthesia.
- The moisture or Blood on the portion of the paper point that passes beyond the apex an estimation of working length or the junction between the root apex and the bone.
- The method, however, may give unreliable data in case of :
- a) If the pulp is not completely removed.
- b) If the tooth is pulpless, but a periapical lesion rich in blood supply is present.
- c)If paper-point is left in the canal for a long time.
- Made up of fine quality paper.
- Used to dry the canals and allow better adhesion of the sealing and obturation materials.
- Used as Conveying medicaments.
- Ergonomic design.
- Smooth surface makes patients comfortable.
- Highly Absorbant.
- Rigid and flexible at the same time.
- Quick, efficient, and safe drying.
- Easy to absorb water, no viscosity.
- They are more rigid making them easier to manipulate in the canal.
- Hand-rolled for extra absorbency.
- Rigid enough to insert in canals without curling or bending.
- Rolled firmly to hold shape when withdrawn from the canal.
- Highly absorbent Sterilized individual packages.
- Variety sizes available.
BENEFITS OF USING PAPER POINT :
- Used to approach the surface, like the pus of an abscess, at a definite spot or place.
- They have more wet strength because each point is tightly rolled ensuring size and shape retention.
- For faster and easier root canal sealing during obturation.
- After the paste removal, the paper point wicking in the presence of a specific solvent is important.
- Paper Points quickly and efficiently absorb liquid from the canal.
- Paper Points are very useful in obtaining canal culture.
- Pack of 100 Paper Points