Temporary Filling Lining
Waldent Eugenol is mixed with zinc oxide powder and mainly used as a temporary lling
material during root canal procedure, temporary cavity fllings, or as a lining/dressing under
non-composite dental restorations.
- For temporary dressings
- As a cavity base/liner under non-resin restorations
- Temporary fillings to last for less than one year
- This product should not be used with individuals with known sensitivities to Eugenol.
- Eugenol & zinc oxide paste is contraindicated for direct application of pulp tissue (direct pulp
- Eugenol in combination with zinc oxide is contraindicated as a base under resin-containing
adhesives or restorative cement because eugenol may interfere with the hardening and/or
cause softening of the resin components.
- Eugenol (clove oil)
- Store in a cool and dry place
- Store at room temperature of 5-30°C
- Do not freeze
- Store away from direct sunlight
Eugenol and zinc oxide powder are mixed together to form a paste having proper working
consistency. The exact powder/liquid ratio is determined as per requirement and user’s
preference. Guidelines for preparing the paste are as follows:
- Use a clean and dry cement spatula and a glass slab for mixing zinc oxide with eugenol.
- Dispense a few drops of eugenol onto the glass slab.
- Dispense a small amount of zinc oxide powder onto the slab, separate from the previously
- Drag a small amount of the zinc oxide powder with the help of the spatula into the eugenol.
- Drag over just enough that can be easily incorporated using a swirling motion of the spatula against the glass slab. Mix until a smooth paste consistency is achieved.
- Continue adding zinc oxide powder into the mixture until the desired working consistency is reached. Note that slightly heavier consistencies for use as a base can be made by simply incorporating additional zinc oxide powder into the mix. Pure Eugenol (Oil of Cloves)
Used with Zinc Oxide Powder for Temporary Fillings.
- The setting time varies with the mixing ratio and is dependent on temperature and humidity (higher temperatures and a more humid environment decrease the setting time).
Waldent Pure Eugenol - 15ml
- 1 x 15ml Bottle
Waldent Pure Eugenol - 100ml
- 1 x 100ml Bottle
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.