Waldent Seal Pex powder and resin are mixed to produce a root canal filling material of excellent sealing capacity. As a result of its close adaptation to the root canal walls and its very small contraction during setting, seal pex allows tightly sealing root canal obturation of excellent tissue compatibility. Waldent Seal pex complies with the requirements of iso 6876 : 1986 (e) for dental root canal filling materials.
- Permanent obturation of root canals of teeth of the secondary dentition with or without the aid of obturation points.
- Resin-based, non-acrylic, eugenol-free sealer.
- Excellent radiopacity.
- Working time 4-6 hours – means no waste of material on pad
- Setting time 9-15 hours – allows for corrections of fillings
- Suitable for all obturation techniques.
- Outstanding dimensional stability and low solubility for a durable, safe seal
- Outstanding flow characteristics to flow into and seal lateral canals
- Silver-free for no discoloration of teeth
- Thermoplastic ability makes it easy to remove
- Compatible with any filling technique.
- Seal Pex powder: bismuth oxide, methenamine, titanium dioxide
- Seal Pex resin: epoxy resin
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep the powder bottle and resin tube tightly closed.
- The setting time according ISO 6876 : 1986 (e) ranges between 9 and 15 hours at 37 °c.
Direction to Use:
Dosage and mixing:-
- Powder and liquid are mixed on a glass slab using a metal spatula.
- 2 to 3 volume units of powder are mixed with 1 volume unit of resin.
- Mix to a homogeneous consistency which breaks when lifted 1.5 to 2.5 cm (1/2 to 1 inch) above the glass slab.
- If a particularly fluid mix is required, the glass slab with the cement mixture may be carefully warmed over an alcohol flame.
- Apply the mixed cement onto the tip of a lentulo spiral. To avoid the formation of air bubbles in the material and overfilling of the canal, advance the lentulo spiral slowly to the apex running at very low speed.
- Withdraw lentulo very slowly, still running at low speed.
- If seal-pex is used in combination with gutta percha points or other cores and if there is the risk of overfilling, use reamers to apply seal pex into the canal.
- Choose a reamer of the size of the last instrument used during apical root canal preparation.
- Place seal pex by a pumping action of the reamer with simultaneous rotary movement in a counter clock direction.
- It is only necessary to apply a light coating of seal-pex.
- Dip the disinfected and dry master point into seal pex and with pumping motions slowly push it into the canals.
- Additional gutta percha points and lateral or vertical condensation methods can be applied.
- 1 x Powder 10g
- 1 x Liquid 10ml
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.