5th Generation Apex Locator
About Apex Locators
An electronic apex locator is an electronic device used in endodontics to determine the position of the apical constriction and thus determine the length of the root canal space.
The traditional measurement method used by operators is based on tactile sensation which is Based on hand sensation and patient pain, dentist decides whether the measuring tool reaches the apical foramen with high subjectivity and low accuracy while the limitation of other methods in which we rely on measurement using x-ray is that apical foramen can’t be shown in the x-ray film, moreover 3D structure is seen in 2D data.
HISTORY OF APEX LOCATOR:
The idea of determining working length using electronic means was first investigated by Custer in the year 1918, Suzuki in 1942, who performed a study on the flow of direct current through the teeth of dogs. He inferred that the electrical resistance values between the instrument in the root canal, and the electrode placed on the oral mucous membrane displayed consistency. He speculated that this principle could be used to measure the length of the root canal. Taking this inference from Suzuki’s experiment, Sunada constructed a device that could measure the canal length using direct current. The principle used was that the electrical resistance between the mucous membrane and the periodontium remained constant at 6-kilo ohms. This value was not affected by the persons’ age, tooth shape, and size. This marked the inception of electronic apex locators in endodontic practice. But that’s just the beginning of the new age. The first electronic apex locator was “Root Canal Meter by Onuki Medical”.
Features of electronic apex locator :
- Using the latest multi-frequency apical positioning technology, it avoids the influence of subjective factors of measurement results.
- Measuring results are not affected by the tooth type, effects of root canal orifice size, root canal internal environment.
- Real-time display the moving of file in the root canal.
- Avoid the traditional measurement of x-ray radiation.
- Avoid overfilling or underfilling.
What are the brands Selling Apex locators Online in India?
- J-Morita, NSK, Dentsply, Woodpecker, Kerr, Meta-Biomed, Micro-mega, action, coltene-whaledent are the other brands selling quality dental apex locators online in India.
Why buy Apex Locators from Dentalkart.com?
The best Apex locators can be found at Dentalkart.com. Care has been taken to ensure that all products listed on the website are 100% genuine and are of high quality. Buying J-MORITA apex locators online at Dentalkart.com can be highly beneficial to the customers as they are available at the lowest prices in India. Various modes of payment such as Credit Card, Debit Card, Cash on Delivery, Net Banking, Paytm are available to suit the needs of various dentists. With free delivery on orders more than Rs.2500, all orders are ensured prompt delivery.
Waldent Wal-Pex 5 Pro Gold features a new generation.
It has the Latest multi-frequency technology incorporated into this 5th generation apex locator with an extended apical zoom function which activates when the file reaches the apical area assisting the dentist to locate the apex in most types of root canals.
- Used to the measurement of pulpitis, Pulp necrosis, Periapical Periodontitis and tooth length.
- Equipped with Bright LCD with color-coded measurements.
- Displays a clear image.
- Different colors to indicate the file trajectory.
- Advanced multiple frequency network impedance measurement technologies.
- Automatic calibrating ensures that the measurements are accurate, Clinical data shows an increase in the accuracy rate by 97.71%
- High precision of apical foramen localization in wet and dry canals.
- Automatic calibration: Ensures stable and accurate measurements.
- Compact size and stable design allow for excellent flexibility during procedures.
|Charger Power Supply
|Charger Nominal Power Input
|Electrical Safety Class
REMOVE DEBRIS UNDER RUNNING WATER ( EXCEPT ELECTRONIC PARTS ), AND THEN WIPE OFF ALL COMPONENTS.
MAIN UNIT MEASURING WIRE ADAPTER
WIPE THE COMPONENTS WITH A PIECE OF GAUZE IMPREGNATED WITH ETHANOL( ETHANOL 70 TO 80 % vol). MAKE SURE THE COMPONENTS ARE DRY BEFORE NEXT STEP. IF USE OF WASHER – DISINFECTORS, USE ONLY APPROVED DEVICES ACCORDING TO EN ISO15883 AND REFER TO THEIR MANUFACTURER’S INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE.
PACK COMPONENTS IN STERILIZATION POUCHES.
USE POUCHES WHICH RESIST TO A TEMPERATURE UP TO 141 °C AND COMPLY WITH EN ISO11607.
STEAM STERILIZATION AT 134 °C AT LEAST 4 MINUTES, OR AT 121 °C AT LEAST 35 MINUTES. MINIMUM DRYING TIME AFTER STERILIZATION : 10 MINUTES.
KEEP THE COMPONENTS IN STERILIZATION PACKAGING IN A DRY AND CLEAN ENVIRONMENT.
- 100% automatic digital calibration
- Light body for stable performance
- Measurement accuracy up to 97.71%
- Clear interface
- Alarm rings when the distance between root canal needle & root canal is less than 2mm
- Real-time response, double sensibility
- Clinical data fitting
- 1 x Main Unit
- 1 x Measuring Wire
- 1 x Adapter
- 1 x Tester
- 2 x Probe
- 2 x File clip
- 2 x Lip hook
- Manufacturer/Importer warranty of 12 months as applicable for this product.